Thursday, May 14, 2009

Posturing

This is before dinner at around 6:30 and it's raining. When it's raining and shelter is unavailable what do you do? These swans, on this day, preen and perch. Thinking about this made me consider posturing as a viable life tactic. When in doubt strike a pose. Note the swan on the right.

This one was a revelation. I'm facing non-optimal conditions in a few situations, and I'm going to give posturing a shot. It's a completely unemotional reaction. In fact it's not a reaction, it's a choice. And choice is always more powerful than reactive drama.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have to say thank you for commenting to both Brad and Inspector Clouseau, this one post attracted comments from people I don't know, and I'm not sure what it is about this one, but I appreciate the interest. This blog has been really unexpectedly enjoyable. My daughter calls me "lake woman", but I really have come to appreciate the value of regularly engaging with the natural world.

    ReplyDelete