Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Disruption

I have to post the picture later (battery in the camera is dead) but I took the time this am to go out to my stick in the lake and see what it was like in the early morning. There was tremendous beauty in the gray wetness and muted colors of early spring. The reflections of everything in the water were particularly gorgeous, like beautiful watercolors. Though muted, it was our Pompton Lake version of Monet's water lillies.

However, I learned something about this process. As I drove up (I drove instead of walked because I have to get ready for work and I have a lot to do) I was thinking how it was amazing that whenever I came to this place, nothing notices me, the turtles don't jump in the water, the swans don't swim away, the stick certainly isn't going anywhere. And yet this time, as I walked to the bench I take the photos from, two geese were in front of me, they started honking and went in the water which disturbed the swan on the stick and then everything went into action (slow, yes, but movement nonetheless).

So, the stick-lesson for today is either a) move at your own rhythm or you'll disturb everyone, or b) accept that disruption may be necessary for movement. I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment